Areas of Excellence
Recover-Ability: It's What We Do
The Scepter Group* is 100% dedicated to attaining the highest possible metallic aluminum recovery. Scepter's tolling customers rely on this ability to recover as much metal as possible from what is delivered.
We Take It A Step Further
- Scepter frequently consults with customers on dross handling practices and techniques to maximize their value
- Scepter collaborates with customers on scrap collection, skimming and remelt practices to attain the appropriate recovery for their specific operating procedures
- Employees of companies of the Scepter Group are thoroughly trained to leverage our proprietary technology and process controls to ensure that the results are as expected
- Scepter invests in new technologies and develops new techniques to improve recovery and reduce waste
The alloy chemistry of aluminum has value. Our ability to maintain the alloy integrity of the material we receive and process is important to reduce the possibility of contamination and alloy degradation.
Further we have the capability to blend various alloys of scrap to make alloys our customers require. This allows customers to send us a variety of materials of different chemical alloys in order to make a uniform grade of aluminum. This requires, experience, systems and furnace capabilities that many of our competitors do not have.
Scepter is committed to producing a quality product that meets each customer's unique requirements at a competitive price.
- Scepter's standard operating procedures ensure that its best practices are followed by its operators
- Control plans identify important control points in the manufacturing process
- Preventive maintenance programs ensure the reliable delivery of expected results
For more information on Scepter's Quality Policy, please click here.
Scepter believes that conscious choices and deliberate pro-environmental practices are good for the communities where they conduct business, the aluminum industry in general as well as Scepter itself. We are committed to the responsible processing and recycling of aluminum while also handling the associated manufacturing waste streams properly.
- Scepter owns and operates two solid-waste, state-of-the-art construction, Type-II landfills to safely handle salt cake and other aluminum recycling by-products.
- Scepter is strongly committed to a safe workplace. All employees of Scepter receive safety and awareness training.
- Scepter's facility in Saguenay, Quebec operates furnaces that generate minimal landfill products.
Scepter firmly believes that no secondary aluminum producer takes environmental responsibility more seriously than we do.
For more information on Scepter's Sustainability Policy, please click here.
Value is something that is difficult to define, but you know it when you see it. Scepter believes that its combination of a fair price, excellent chemistry controls, high recovery rates and sustainable business practices creates the highest overall value for its customers.
Companies of the Scepter Group:
- Have a strong geographic footprint as well as trading capabilities in critical industry areas.
- Maintain a customer-focused orientation that is normally associated with family-owned businesses.
- Are financially sound and growing to meet customer demands.
- Are committed to providing customers with the highest level of service and integrity. We work hard to maintain the trust and confidence of our customers.
Scepter* trades in all grades of primary and secondary aluminium. Please contact Scepter Inc.'s Sales & Trading Division for more information about how it can serve you and your needs.