The personal safety and health of all Scepter employees is of primary importance. Our basic premise is that all injuries and occupational illnesses are preventable. We care for people. We insist that our operations:
- Strive for an injury free workplace
- Vigorously investigate injuries when they occur
- Take the required action to prevent future injuries
We closely monitor our safety performance against specific corporate goals as well as compared to general industry standards.
We require employee training and companywide compliance to recognize safety policies and procedures.
We provide all employees, contractors and visitors with relevant information and operational controls to enable them to conduct their activities safely.
To be successful, our safety program must embody the proper attitudes toward injury and occupational illness prevention on the part of management, supervisors, and employees.
It also requires cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between supervisor and employee, but also between each employee and his or her co-workers.
Scepter management accepts the responsibility for leadership of the safety and health program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and for providing safe conditions.
Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes toward safety and health in themselves, and in those they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
Employees are responsible for compliance with all rules and regulations and for continuously practicing safety while performing their duties.
Safety Data Sheets
Scepter acknowledges that, as part of its foundation for long-term growth, the reasonable management of environmental elements and the limitation of harmful environmental effects must be taken into account.
Scepter is aware of its responsibility for the state of its environment. We are committed to constantly improving our processes because a clean and healthy environment is not only an element of good working conditions, but also an essential part of social welfare.
Through the formation of our environment-centered control system, Scepter strives each day to satisfy new challenges and to improve the quality of its environment. We support this goal by:
- Employing the highest level of technology by which the level of utilization and emissions can be reduced
- Paying special attention to economizing natural resources and organizing programs for the selective collection and recycling of industrial waste
- Purchasing industrial waste recycling machinery, and work out environmental-protective technologies, to decrease the utilization of specific fuels
- Evaluating, selecting and optimizing the activities of the work of subcontractors on the basis of the economic and environmental aspects
- Constantly improving employee training
- Encouraging employees to recognize the importance of our pro-environment initiatives
- Forming a healthy and secure working environment by:
- Establishing an environment-protective culture at the company
- Reducing contingencies
- Preventing unexpected events
- Consistently complying with our environmental permits
Scepter constantly informs its partners about its environmental objectives, activities and results.
It is the policy of Scepter to meet or exceed all customer requirements and continuously improve. Scepter aspires to be an industry leader in environmental compliance, safe work conditions, high recovery, and exceptional quality.
Management ensures that the quality policy is communicated to all employees. This is posted in prominent places throughout the facility to maintain high standards within our organization.
Scepter U.S. plants standard remelt scrap ingot sow two way entry low profile dimensions (in inches)
Sustainability: "Meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs."
- Scepter is committed to sustainable production and consumption.
- Scepter seeks sustainability in energy and resource consumption, environmental compliance and leadership, workplace health and safety, and product recycling and reuse.
- Aluminum is an integral part of the solution in reducing greenhouse gases and energy consumption and in improving the quality of life for people across the country and throughout the world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, medical condition, disability or veteran status.
The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees when such accommodations do not impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the bases listed above.
Harassment includes verbal, physical and visual conduct that creates an intimidating, offensive or hostile working environment that interferes with work performance. Some examples include racial slurs; ethnic jokes; posting of offensive statements, poster or cartoons, or other similar conduct.
Sexual harassment includes solicitation of sexual favors, unwelcome sexual advances or other verbal, visual or physical conduct of a sexual nature.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer and social and recreational programs.